At the heart of the Water Smart Program is taking personal responsibility for water conservation. Take a look at these common sense tips and see how easy it is to be part of the Water Smart team.
Inside the Home
- Wash only full loads of clothes and dishes
- Never leave water running while brushing your teeth
- Repair leaky fixtures such as faucets and toilets
Outside the Home
- Water plants and yard only when necessary. Comply with designated rationing schedule if one is in effect.
- Never water or use sprinklers during the heat of the day
- Introduce native plants to your property and use Xeriscape methods.
- Postpone washing your vehicle. If feasible, wash the vehicle on your lawn, not in the driveway where the runoff will be lost to the sewer.