Mission: The mission of the Communication Committee is to guide AWBD’s internal and non-media related communications to ensure that all means of such communication; whether electronic materials published, or seminars held under the auspices of the AWBD, supports and enhances our membership and conforms to the AWBD’s guiding mission and principles.
- Support the Executive Director who oversees the Association’s Communications.
- Support the internal communications process primarily through the web page and publications.
- Provide input and guidance for the website through the staff.
- Coordinate with staff to record and publish webcasts of seminars.
- Provide input and recommendations to staff for articles in publications.
- Review advertising opportunities and publication format.
- Gauge feedback from conferences and other events to help formulate recommendations for non-media related communication strategies to membership.
- Provide support to other AWBD committees, including those responsible for media related communications.
Requirements for Committee Membership: Knowledge of public relations practices, good writing or editing skills, creativity, knowledge of web systems is helpful, but most important is an enthusiasm for the AWBD organization and its membership.